rhathriftstore@gmail.com
604-271-1551

Welcome to Our Site!

The Richmond Hospital/Healthcare Auxiliary

The Richmond Hospital/Healthcare Auxiliary (RHHA), located in Richmond British Columbia, is an accredited member of the B.C. Association of Hospital Auxiliaries (BCAHA). The Auxiliary was created in 1961 to assist with the establishment of the Richmond Hospital, opened in 1966.

Since its inception, the Auxiliary has raised over $8 million  through the operation of its Thrift Shop (in Steveston), Gift Shop and Lottery Booth (in the Hospital), and Tuck Shop (in Minoru Residence).   All proceeds from these venues help to provide for the comfort and care of patients at Richmond Hospital as well as Minoru Residence and Lions Manor through the purchase of medical equipment at the hospital and new and existing healthcare programs such as speech, music, and recreational therapy.  In addition, the Auxiliary funded the set-up of a dental clinic at Minoru Residence, purchased a bus for Lions Manor, funds annual student bursaries in healthcare, and much more.

The Auxiliary has more than 440 volunteers who donate their time, talent and skills in many areas.  In a given month, Auxiliary members spend more than 3,800 hours volunteering.

Our Shops

Auxiliary Thrift Shop

Auxiliary Thrift Shop

The Tuck Shop

The Tuck Shop

Lottery Booth

Lottery Booth

The Gift Shop

The Gift Shop

Key History

About Us
  • The Richmond Hospital Healthcare Auxiliary was established in 1961 and 4 years later, there were 83 Charter Members of the Auxiliary at the Hospital.

  • In 1966, Richmond Hospital opened in its first building, now known as the “North Tower”

  • The Richmond Hospital Auxiliary Thrift Shop opened in 1976.

  • In May 2012, the Richmond Hospital Healthcare/Auxiliary celebrated 50 years anniversary.

More about us
How We Support

How We Support

What to Donate!

What to Donate!

client 1
client 2
client 3
client 4
client 5
client 6